Pet Grief Support
Peninsula and South Bay Support Groups
SAGE Pet Caregiver Support Group
- SAGE Veterinary Centers offers a free Pet Caregiver Support Group to our clients. Our group facilitator is Aileen Snodgrass, a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) and certified pet loss and bereavement counselor. Our Pet Caregiver Support Group offers a safe place for individuals and families to express their feelings and talk about their experiences related to the care of a pet who is receiving ongoing treatment for any illness, or for those who have experienced the loss of a pet. Click here to download a PDF with more information.
- The group meets virtually on the 2nd and 3rd Wednesday of each month from 7:00pm-8:30pm. You must register online for each session you would like to attend. The web conferencing call-in details for that specific session date will be emailed to you the week and the morning of the Support Group Session you selected.
- Register at sagecenters.com/support-group
Peninsula Humane Society Pet Loss Support Group
Grief Support Literature
Helpful Books for Adults
- The Loss of a Pet by Dr. Wallace Sife
- Grieving the Death of a Pet by Betty J. Carmack
- Coping with Sorrow: On the Loss of your Pet by Moira K. Anderson M ed.
Helpful Books for Children
- Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant
- Cat Heaven by Cynthia Rylant
- When a Pet Dies by Fred Rodgers
- The Heaven of Animals by Nancy Tillman
- The Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement http://www.aplb.org